June 23, 2021
The guide to Google Ads: get to know the basics
Google Ads or a pay-per-click (PPC) is a digital advertising platform, enables brands to promote ads on Google’s search engine.
Brands pay on keywords to get their ads ranked at the top of the search results page. The platform works on a pay-per-click (PPC) model, so you pay only when a user actually clicks on your ad. The Google Ads platform works like an auction where people have to place a higher bid to be displayed on top. However, not only money is a factor; Google also analyses the landing page quality score to guarantee that people who’re clicking will get the most accurate page related to the ad.
Why Google Ads appear
The Google Ads auction is based on keywords: Step 1: Select relevant keywords to target the most relevant people to their business. Step 2: Place a bid on these keywords. Step 3: The bid plus the ad Quality Score is then displayed on Google search.
Finally, when users click on your ad, you will pay the cost per click (CPC), which is calculated as below:
The Google Ads bids
Google Ads works on a bidding platform, which activates when a user searches a keyword. To overbid and see your Google ad displayed for related keywords, you’ll want to optimise your Quality Score and the bid amount. The higher your Quality Score, in juncture with the bid amount, the better your ad positioning. The below constituents affect your Quality Score:
- The search term relevance of your Google ad
- The keyword relevance to the ad group
- The landing page content relevant to your ad
- The past click-through rate (CTR) of the ad and group
- Complete account performance
There are benefits to a high, Quality Score:
- Lower costs – Google rewards high, Quality Score advertisers by lowering their cost per click (CPC); this helps to improve the ROI.
- Higher exposure – Your ads will be displayed more frequently, with better positioning in the search results. This helps to build your brand awareness, and this way, you get more clicks without raising your bids.
Advertise on Google with Exposebox
Numerous brands are grappling with the paid search and/or display advertisements. That’s why the Exposebox solution will help you in continuous analysis and campaigns optimisation. Easy manage your ads across various PPC channels from one consolidated dashboard and get all the help you need from Exbot. Exbot uses AI and machine learning capabilities to automate the analysis process of your marketing campaigns and recommends actionable insights to help you increase campaigns performance.