About the role
You’ll be in charge of cutting edge algorithmic solutions to turn collections of undecipherable data points into concrete, decision-driven pathways for responsibly turning data into revenue.
We work with massive data streams to create tools and abilities like DMP, RTB, LTV, recommendation engines, clustering, classification, and more.
You will be responsible for
- Apply your expertise in statistics, data analysis, and machine learning to develop data-automated systems and algorithms to improve performance for online retailer business.
- Create predictive user-behaviour models, recommendation and ranking systems, anomaly detection mechanisms, real-time segmentation streams and more, by converting massive, noisy data sets into significant outputs.
- Dig into the latest big data technologies to develop distributed, high-throughput, real-time products.
- Make independent decisions on how to solve specific problems based on raw datasets.
- Stay connected with the business domains and develop predictive models to support business decisions.
- Our ideal candidate is results-focused, able to work in a multi-disciplinary team in short development cycles, has a solid quantitative background and good business understanding.
- 3+ years of experience in design, coding, and optimizing predictive and clustering models.
- Experience with the Ad-tech or E-commerce world is an advantage.
- 3+ years of experience writing production Python code including experience with Numpy, Scipy, NLTK, Pandas, PIL
- Scala, R and Octave are an advantage.
- 2+ years of experience using distributed ecosystems.
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, and Hbase is an advantage.
- 2+ years of experience writing in Spark
- RDD expertise, Spark Streaming, and Pyspark are an advantage.
- Knowledge of relational databases and non-relational databases and query languages (SQL).
- Working experience with Linux OS (CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Strong background in statistics.
- Prior experience with a few of the following models: Logistic Regression, Collaborative Filtering, SVM, K-armed bandits, Markov Models, Random Forests, Game Theory.
- Dynamic, agile and comfortable with the whole data stack. Capable of adjusting quickly to changing requirements, and can deliver rapid and correct solutions.
- Able to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about technology and always strives to grow
- Able to ownership the work and always drives it towards the goal
- Motivates and inspires people around as well as stays motivated himself
- Always able to find solutions that are simple and correct architecture-wise
- Customer/business driven mindset
What we offer
- A challenging job in a fast-developing, international E-commerce company;
- Healthy and friendly work environment where you can thrive and develop your skills;
- Possibilities for career advancement;
- Outstanding remuneration package and complimentary social benefits.