June 28, 2021
2021 back to school marketing ideas
Back to school sales is a big event in eCommerce, and therefore you need a back to school marketing idea guide. Since 2020 was unlike any we’ve experienced before, we can compare it to 2019, where buyers spent over $80 billion in the United States. One of the biggest challenges is coming up with back to school promotions that’ll boost sales during this unknown period. The shopping landscape that we know has changed dramatically. Many offline retailers have gone out of business, and online commerce is booming.
Start with some research:
1. Localise your campaigns. Due to the pandemic, different countries have different regulations. Please do some research before and see what countries are relevant to target and what content and products will suit them.
3. Plan your marketing strategy. Now that you know whom to target, what resources you want to utilise and how much money you want to spend? Do you plan to make onsite changes with back to school theme? Do you want to focus on social channels only? Email exclusive campaign? Etc.
The key is to grab immediate attention, and the best places to start with Instagram and Facebook ads; you’ll need:
- Back to school fun design
- Winning copy
- High-performing keywords
Email marketing is a low-cost channel with one of the top ROI’s. Start with segmenting your users:
- Whom do you want to target
- where do they live
- what types of products relevant to them
Now that you want… create the winning mailer
- Catchy subject lines
- Different promotions based on the target groups
- Create a sense of urgency with specific duration offers.
The above back to school marketing ideas can help you with your goals, and combined with an omnichannel approach; you’ll be better at reaching your users. The key is to reach users at the right time with the right offer, and this with the help of 1:1 AI-based personalisation.
At Exposebox, we work with all size marketers, fill in the form below, and we will be happy to help you launch a successful back to school marketing campaign!