February 28, 2022
How to increase sales for your online fashion business in 2022
Nowadays customers expect for their favorite sites to know them on a more personal level. Not only that, but research has revealed that shoppers are even likely to spend more for a personalized experience. Furthermore, according to Forbes, reports have shown that 74% of online shoppers get frustrated when websites they use are not personalized or catered to their needs. Frustrated customers is not something that eCommerce sites want, especially because it can have a massive impact on their revenue.
How can customer frustration be avoided?
Well, it is pretty self-explanatory. Customers want a personalized experience. In fact, more than 50% of customers expect offers to always be personalized. They want to feel that their favorite online retailers truly know them and their interests. Shoppers want recommendations catered to their style.
However, personalization goes beyond simply putting a customer’s name in the subject line of an email.
What is retail personalization?
Simply put, retail personalization is the process of supplying each shopper with a specialized journey across every single touchpoint and overall delivering personalized experiences on ecommerce websites. This is done by effectively displaying content, offers, and product recommendations based on actions including past activities, browsing behavior, purchase history, etc.
What’s the purpose? The ultimate goal of personalization in retail is to make shoppers feel unique and special. To improve their shopping experience, it is important they feel emotionally connected.
Fashion sites can build an Amazon-like personalization into the onsite experience by tracking user behavior, either session by session or by shoppers’ accounts. In order to individualize their strategy, eCommerce fashion sites must understand shopper intent, and be able to provide valuable and relevant recommendations in real-time.
Retail personalization that is powered by A.I. delivers a unique experience for every shopper. It is not only optimized for greater engagement, but higher conversion as well. From the first click to the last, each shopper sees a tailored version of the eCommerce site which is dynamically personalized.
What are some personalization tactics?
When it comes to retail personalization with sophisticated AI platforms, these are some elements that are focused on:
- Behavioral cues- this involves being aware of what the shopper is clicking on as well as products they’re adding to the cart. Following after the pages they are viewing and bouncing off of is important data to analyze.
- Transactional data- previous purchases as well as returns that the shopper has completed. Looking at previous purchases can give insight into the shoppers’ general style.
- Demographic data- besides the customer’s name, being aware of their birthdays, location, and gender can provide a plethora of information that can help curate a more personalized experience.
It’s important to note that personalization also involves tweaking recommendations and providing a homepage experience catered to each shoppers’ history. For instance, clothing recommendations should take demographic information like gender into consideration. If a customer previously searched for or purchased men’s clothing, they should be given an onsite experience that correlates, and the same with a customer who searched for women’s apparel.
- Product recommendation– Shoppers will receive product recommendations based on their previous browsing experience/history.
- Personalized emails with dynamic content–Customers will get customized emails. Not only will their names be added to the subject line of the email, but they will receive emails based on what they have purchased or browsed.
- Personalized SMS and mobile messaging- If a customer browsed an item and decided to abandon the page, they will receive a text message or WhatsApp notification reminding them to go back and place the order.
How does this affect your revenue?
As previously mentioned, customers expect a more personalized experience, and are willing to spend more when they feel their favorite brands cater to their needs or interests. About 80% of online shoppers tend to purchase more from an ecommerce business that offers a personalized experience.
This is because personalization provides relevant content to help shoppers feel emotionally connected and want to complete their purchase.
Personalization is becoming increasingly significant for online sellers not only to keep their consumers engaged, but for consumer retention purposes. It boosts repeat purchase rates, drives sales, and overall enhances conversion rates.
In fact, retail personalization has become more advanced recently and retailers with advanced personalization are seeing conversion rate increases as high as 300% on average.
Exposebox is an AI-powered retail personalization platform designed to help eCommerce teams manage the complex task of creating personalized shopper experiences that result in both customer and revenue growth.
Provide your shoppers with an omnichannel personalization that is tailored, dynamic and specific to their shopping needs in real-time now!